Friday, October 5, 2007

Rip Audio from YouTube Music Videos

Youtube Music Videos on iPod
DI reader Russell Tully is trying to record and save the audio from Youtube videos but without any success. Russ writes:
There are some rare music videos on 'youtube'. I very much want just the sound from these videos, but I've tried a number of different audio capture programs and I just can't seem to get any working - problem with sound card probably.

Surely there is a program that would allow me to record and save the audio from a flash video stream and record it to my HHD. I can't seem to use my sound card for the job. Is there any other way?
Russ, you can easily save the Youtube Videos as MP3 files. Here's how:

Directly from Youtube - The FLV Online Converter at Vixy.net can take Youtube Video URLs and provide you an MP3 audio file of the YouTube video

Extract Audio from FLV files - If the Youtube Video is on your hard-disk as an FLV video file, try the free FLV Extract utility that extracts video and audio from FLV files. The video is saved to .avi and the audio is saved to MP3.

The above trick can be applied to any video sharing website like MetaCafe, DailyMotion or Google Video.

No comments: